You’ve worked hard, you know how to earn a living, you put your head down and you do the work. You know how to Do. The. Work.
Maybe it’s time you also find career happiness.
Because you can do the work and be happy.
There has got to be more to life than dragging yourself into the office and forcing yourself to pretend to care 5 days a week, even if you aren’t sure exactly what “more to life” looks like yet.
For too long you’ve dealt with the boredom at work in ways your proud of, and not so proud of. You’ve worked the extra hours, tried your best not to let your co-workers down or let your reputation take a hit. But your kids and your spouse aren’t getting your best when you come home at night worn down, and the thought of having to do something like this for the next 30 year until retirement… well, maybe you’ll win the lottery…
When are you going to stop trading the prime years of your life for less than you’re worth?
When are you going to stop putting your integrity and work ethic in the service of something you don’t care about and put them to work for you and your family instead?
How incredible would it be to:
- Be able to finally pull the trigger on opportunities that actually speak to you.
- Take back the flexibility and control that you deserve as an adult to work at times and in ways that suits you and allows you to be fully present for important moments in your life and the lives of your loved ones.
- Stop losing hours and hours to a miserable commute.
- Take pride in the difference you make and no longer dread when someone you just met asks what you do for a living.
- Stop worrying about wasting your life on bullshit jobs.
Continuing to work hard, keep your head down, and try your best to play a corporate game that bores and disgusts you is only going to bring you more of the same.
Why not start channeling that work ethic, reliability, and curiosity into a plan. Start developing the capacities you need to work towards impact and results you’re excited about instead of towards the meaningless KPI’s your VP tried to hype up in another pointless meeting at the beginning of the year?
It’s not a question of motivation or work ethic; I know you’ve got that in you. Your unique set of skills, capacities, and beliefs got you this far and could get you even further in your company if that’s what you were after. But it isn’t. And if you knew how to work towards a more meaningful vocation and life while still honouring your commitments to your family and loved ones, you’d be doing it already.
That’s where I can help:
I’ve made the jump from a soul-sucking job writing and reciting excuses for a monolithic insurance company to a self-run business where I get to have deep conversations with like-minded people striving towards something better for themselves, their families, and their communities.
Whether you are hellbent on breaking out of corporate jail and starting your own business, see a promising future in your current position if only most of the responsibility wasn’t dumped on you, or trying to decide if the grass would be greener with a different company, I can help you:
- Build the confidence and assertiveness you need to go after and land your dream opportunities without becoming a phony or a bully.
- Establish and maintain boundaries so that you and the people you work with have a clear sense of what is yours to do, why its important, and what is NOT yours to do.
- Take the pressure off of yourself to be anything other than who you truly are.
- Feel empowered to take on challenges, especially the challenges of going after the work you really want to be doing and making the kinds of impacts on the world you want to see.
What you get:
- 12 coaching calls (75 mins each) over 6 months, so by the time we’re done, new beliefs about your career and brand ways of navigating your career and your life are second nature for you.
- A completely customized coaching program that maximizes the brilliant capacities for change you already have, while identifying and building the missing capacities that would be most helpful for you in carrying out meaningful work and striving towards that illusive work-life balance.
- Individualized, unique practices to steadily and reliably build your capacities over time. I’m not going to tell you to be assertive and then throw you out there and expect you to be able to do it. If you knew the steps it took to get your point across assertively, you’d be doing it already! I will give you specific exercises to practice, scaled to exactly where you are at and what you can handle.
- A close inspection of how you relate to your current career, and the biggest challenge you face in it.
- Tools to explore what the best path forward is for you, whether that is exploring entrepreneurship, finding a position (and perhaps company) that is a better fit for you, or learning how to thrive and find balance within your current position.
- A coach (me) willing to share the progress I’m seeing in you that can be hard to spot on your own, and where old patterns are still showing up for you… which can be even harder to spot on your own!
If you’re done trading your precious time for an insufficient amount of money…
If you’re tired of your hard work making your boss look good and helping shareholders get a little richer without getting ahead yourself…
Fill out my questionnaire! You’ll start to gain insights into how you relate to your career and your life just by answering the questions. Upon completion, you’ll get an hour-long discovery call with me to discuss what’s happening in your career with no further obligations. You’ll also get a bit of homework, but it will feel good to do work on your own behalf for a change.